Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy New Blog

Hello.

I have left Wordpress. The reason? Wordpress' paternalism. He wouldn't allow me to do anything - no stat counters of my own, no text in the sidebar, no nothing. I wasn't asking for much, but the little that I did ask for, he wouldn't even give. How could he treat me like that? It's not as though I was mean to him. I did leave him for a while, but he should understand that I have a lot on my plate. It's not as though I live for him, you know. Ah, that guy has an overblown idea of his "importance" to me.

I've gone back to the open arms of Blogger. He promised to be better to me this time around. He gave me his word, so the least I could do is give him a chance. Besides, Blogger and I have a history together. It's not so easy to let go of people you have histories with. Also, we didn't really end badly. I just kind of left. Still, though - Blogger, be good. Vox has been courting me for some months now. If you annoy me, I just might go there. Yes, I love you too, hon.

The Queen is happy to set up residence in this realm. Let the drama begin.

5 comments:

m said...

Hi Cams! There are actually ways to do what you want to do in Wordpress (I've seen it done), but it takes some work, and it won't be as flexible as Blogger in any case. I actually opened a Wordpress account early last year too but I didn't make the switch for pretty much the same reasons.

Welcome back to Blogger! :)

- Maf

Kit said...

i'm not the judgmental type, y'know. but is it me or are your boyfriends kinda urm, Inanimate? maybe you should go out more..?

my dinner spaghetti almost went up my nose from reading this post.

HI-Larious.

Unknown said...

Ahh men... Can't live with them... Um, I guess that's about it. ;)

Unknown said...

Welcome back online. Be baduy and join LJ, then I don't have to check your blog separately :P

CS said...

Maf: Haha, I'm glad my reasons for ditching Wordpress were rational after all. Of course, this assumes that you're rational, which may not be so rational. Just kidding. :) Hope the wall-climbing with Trisha is going well! Tell her I said hi.

Kit: Yeah, I know, my boyfriends are kind of inanimate. But don't worry about that - I know just what it takes to make them jump to life.

Jac: Haha, yeah, that's it nga. Can't live with them, period.

Lala: Won't join LJ naman. Have to give this newly reformed Blogger-boy a shot first. I promised him that much, haha.