Friday, February 09, 2007

Their Two-Boy Drama

Just got home from watching "Because I Said So." Two days ago, watched "Lucky Seven." This post will probably not make sense unless you've watched or at least are familiar with these two movies, so consider yourself warned.

I see those two movies in parallel to each other. They are pretty similar, actually. Both involve a mother who heavily influences if not outright dictates the love life of the lead character. The lead character is torn between two very different guys. And then she ends up with the one that is right for her, the one that her friends didn't root for in "Lucky Seven" and the one that her mother didn't want her to meet in "Because I Said So."

That's really all I am willing to say in this public space. So I guess this post is simply an endorsement for you to watch both movies and then, if we're friends and we communicate, to e-mail me your thoughts so we can discuss them. At the very least, the movies are a nice prelude to the mega-Valentines celebration this Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUM! I thought you were gonna blog about abortion last night???

Constable Anybody said...

No censoring yourself! It's so much less fun that way! (Don't expect proper grammar this late at night).

CS said...

Ate: In time, in time.

Whitney: In time, in time. Don't expect an original comment this early in the morning.